See also: Choosing Wisely initiative was launched 5 years ago in our April 5 issue.
The society has just released a selection of 5 low value interventions (details in the text):
– Prescribing antibiotics for asymptomatic bacteriuria.
– Taking a swab of a leg ulcer without signs of clinical infection and treating the patient with antibiotics against the identified bacteria.
– Treating upper respiratory tract infections with antibiotics.
– Investigation for fecal pathogens in the absence of diarrhea or other gastrointestinal symptoms.
– Ordering multiple serological investigations for patients with fatigue without a clinical indication or relevant epidemiology.